Monday, July 31, 2006

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretsky

**don't know what's up with you, Blogger.com, but none of my pictures are uploading**

You tell 'em, Wayne. I actually used to be a major hockey fan until that strike what is it, two years ago now? I just have no patience for whiners and have since lost most interest in the sport. Such a shame because just about everyone loves hockey.

My day "off" on Friday turned into leaving the office at 1:30, and since we normally close at three it was fairly anti-climatic for me. Bygones. Perhaps this Friday I shall make another attempt. Is it even worth it? ;) I don't mean that to sound bitter, I'm just a busy bunny.

Thanks - Jen for shopping, shoe loaning, swimming with and feeding me this weekend. lol. I AM your Kato. Luv ya!

Saturday I headed into the office to oversee an almost disasterous project of building a new DOA office out of midair and literally in the middle of our waiting room.

Worry not, it looks fabulous. The only thing we are missing is glass.

Evidentally when I saw what the contractors had completed i.e. all wrong and made them entirely redo it, I said please add a "window" they thought "let's cut out a missing area of wall with no glass". It looks hilarious.

Now my Director can literally talk to all of his peeps sitting at his desk. No need to shout as he is missing half a wall. I told him I thought of him to be a Dixie Chicks fan and was needing some Wide Open Spaces himself. Okay - not that funny. But I was laughing my ass off at that one.

Saturday I also went to the SPCA and Lied Animal Shelter still in search of a kitten that can keep my poor Princess some company. She is so woe-ful and sad... staring out the window into the back yard bored out of her cute, little skittle-sized mind. Well, I found another one that I like even more than the gray female. Yes I can be fickle. This is a long haired boy that is a soft black color and just a ball full of trouble. He is incredibly playful and the moment I picked him up he meowed and then started getting crazy and wild. SOLD. I think Nic and I are skipping out on Book Club *I didn't even buy the book* and potentially heading to Lied tonight so I can get a second (well, third) opinion.

I know I won't be as "marketable"... one girl with two cats but sometimes you just can't wait for the maybe-s. I think all the cat and dog canoodling gave me an awful allergic reaction on Saturday. I was having a pity party and telling EVERYONE I might have contracted rabies. Which, I cannot contract from puppy kisses I was just being dramatic for some reason. Go figure.

Saturday night I saw Love, Actually and it is now in my top ten favorite movies... and for the life of me I cannot get "God Only Knows" by none other than the Beach Boys out of my head. I've been humming it for days.

Sunday I met Nic and Juan at 24 Hour Fitness at the crack of dawn for Rocky's Spin Class. Which I have flaked on since about June and am so glad I got back. He was hard on me, too. But I needed it as I had blueberry pancakes for a late brunch after church. **Thanks, honey**

Took a nap then headed to the Kasa Kakita to see Grant, Garrett, Kaija and the "yan brothers" Ryan and Bryan. Just swam, drank some beer and had a cook out. Got home about 9pm to watch the new Girls Next Door Season Premier and head to bed.

Not to sound too Miss Cleo but, I have a *feeling* coming on that this week has some changes in store, what they are I do not know ... I can just tell they are right around the corner.

Oooh AND I am officially reserved for China in November. Yahooooo! We now have a whole gaggle of girls going Heather, Teralyn, Renee, Jennifer M. & Rachel. Great wall, here I C.O.M.E!

1 Comments:

Blogger Beakerz said...

my pics haven't been loading since last night, hence no blog entry today.


Hopefully tonight. Please wish K good luck on her new job. She starts tommorrow.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home