Monday, September 11, 2006

Why me?

Today is such a sad day for me. 9-11. Everyone remembers their exact location at the exact moment. Where was I on 9-11? I had just moved to Las Vegas like, days prior. I drove from Austin, Texas with nothing but my cat and my wardrobe. The first few days here observing the people and just the lack of community and dare I say "niceness" I experienced living in Austin for so long that if 9-11 had not happened I would have hauled ass back to Texas. Alas, the towers collapsed and the Hoover Dam was shut down including the highway to get me out of here and I was stuck. Everything happens for a reason, right? Right?

Saturday was Nicole's Bridal Shower at Commanders Palace which was fabulous. Small due to her intimate wedding but lovely. All committed to serving wine (with Renee) at Rock n Roll Wine bad ass Everclear concert ended in me not arriving at Mandalay at all. Sorry - Renee. I know Renee is cool enough to not put the blame on me ditching for something better to do or having anything to do with the person I am dating. Much more to do with being in incredible pain from a far too intense massage and just being lethargic.

Thanks - Jenn for going to church with me yesterday. AND decoding the fact that I was watching a HDTV video and not a real live pastor. To my credit - we were far back in the last row.

I ate ice cream and not the low fat kind for dinner in between my three hour nap and then finally turning in after Girls Next Door show.

I have been working out like a crazy girl. Saturday was hour of yoga, 30 minute strip tease and then returning later for another 45 minutes of elliptical.

I need to call Mysty and find out about radio show. I'm sure it was fabulous and aside from the brunch on Saturday I would have listened in. :(

Heather hasn't returned a call, email or text in a week. I miss you - H. Where have you been?

Favorite song for the next five minutes is Afterglow from INXS. Darkly romantic.

Heard some news today that has turned my world upside down. Still reeling but I will survive.

Sent text to VIP requesting a phone call that has yet to happen. I am used to being disappointed so not the end of the world.

Man, am I ever a downer today. I have my Singles Event this Wednesday which I am somewhat excited for. Next week I leave for Cancun, Mexico provided a hurricane doesn't beat me there.

Yeah, I'll have more once I'm feeling a bit peppier. Heading home for lunch. Need some down time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home