Wednesday, January 31, 2007


These are the first pictures I have made public in regards to my trip to China. The above picture is at Temple of the Sleeping Lion in Shanghai. Beautiful area. Peaceful. Nothing like finding your Chi.

Funny story. This below is the Great Wall of China. For real. Myself, Heather, Teralyn (Heather's mom), Terri (Ted's mom) and Renee. So some of us decided to be brave and take a separate way down from the way we came up and we had a better view, and almost missed the bus. Literally. The entire group, all seven buses, everyone was accounted for and we ended up like a mile away from where we started. Hilarious. I love breaking the rules and for all of my China memories, that is one I will not ever forget.






Thanks for the haggling, Karen. Nothing like a swift kick in the ass to get me to start writing again. At least a little bit. I've missed you.

Work is crazy, as usual. I'm being courted by a couple of different companies that are potentially seeking me to transition out of my comfy cushy role of almost five years. How do I feel about that? Not too shabby. Change is good, right? RIGHT? Alas I am in no rush.

I will hopefully be in a triathalon in Pasadena March 10th. My First. Have I trained? Not really. But I have been lifting weights with 20 minutes of cardio four nights a week, spin class twice weekly and yoga twice weekly with an added hour of some form of cardio that I try to squeeze in. So I should be okay. {shrug}

Finally got my planner refills, thanks Kenneth Cole for being four weeks too late. It has been fun going through my planner from last year to write down birthdays and reminesce. Aaah.




I have committed to channel my inner Martha Stewart **sans the prison sentence** and make home made birthday cards and swear to not be so flaky this year with remembering all of my pals date of births. Sounds cheezy, but baby steps. I've been SO engulfed by work drama that life is potentially just passing me by.




I turn 3-0 this year and am seriously considering a trip to Greece in September. A dream come true, for me... it's one of those places I've always always wanted to go. So why the hell not, right? There is a learning excursion that I will be able to take classes by world reknowned professors at the Acropolyse. I'm a true nerd, no vacation is complete without a learning experience of some kind. Speaking of learning, my bachelor's degree will be complete in January. My final course. Hallelujiah. It's been a long time coming.




I have decided to move on with my Master's Degree and have been accepted at Cornell Univeristy's new online Master's program. Does that hold the weight of Cornell if I were to attend on campus? Honestly, I don't know. Maybe I'll just stick to UNLV. Time will tell.




This is all I have for now, I'm run dry. ;) Good to be back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hey Honeybee.. I commented just dandy. Try again. Thanks for the email, though. :)

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home